THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Seeds are Sown!

Over the weekend I got to go play out in my garden, I moved a few plants, some cabbages and silverbeet that wasn't performing to it's best in the original garden. Then I got busy sowing some seeds into all the gardens. I have drawn up a plan of what is planted where so I can rotate the "crops" as needed. I've has my original garden for a number of years and never bothered with crop rotation as it was a small plot which have a huge variety all tossed in together.

It took Digger's 26 days from order to receiving the seeds, The Lost Seed took 8 days! I'll buy more from The Lost Seed in the future, they are in Tasmania.
Right so what went into the gardens?
Well, here is a list:-
  • Cape Goosberries
  • Tomato - Red Fig
  • Tomato - Mortgage Lifter
  • Tomato - Moneymaker
  • Tomato - Verna Orange
  • Tomato - Amish Paste
  • Tomato - Principe Borghese
  • Tomato - Currant Mix
  • Beans - Sex without Strings
  • Beans - Stringless Pioneer
  • Peas - Greenfeast
  • Peas - Bliss Everbearing
  • Silverbeet - Fordhook
  • Onion - Barletta
  • Squash - Spaghetti
  • Pumpkin - Waltham Butternut
  • Carrots - All Season
  • Strawberry - Bush Alpine
  • Rhubarb - Victoria
  • Lettuce - Italian Lollo Mix
  • Cucumber - Armenian
  • Broccoli - Green Sprouting
In the next few weeks I will also put in more lettuce, some cabbage (January King) and Parsnips (Hollow Crown), of course more beans, peas, carrots etc will go in to stagger the growing so we dont get a massive crop all at once :)

1 comment:

Vintage Grrl said...

I can't wait to see what your yield is. I'd love to be able to get out there and dig up and plant etc...