THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Craft's Up!

I've been feeling the need to shake a few things up in my life at the moment, some of which I will let slide onto my blog to reflect all that s going on here.
A few weeks ago I went to my Dr due to having a headache for 3 days, so intense I kept thinking I was going to be sick. First thing he did was check my blood pressure..hello problem! It wasn't good, I knew by his reaction as the actual reading didn't mean that much to me. Anyways, I'm now on medication, was told to reduce all stress from my life, and he even changed my diet - no carbs, processed foods or salty things for a month to lose a few kilo's to try help the BP come down.
No carbs *weep* Ok so it's not THAT hard, but no more pizza Sundays for me, even though its homemade with generally left over baked veggies on it, not layers of processed meats.
The weight is coming off but the blood pressure is being stubborn. Reduce stress he said...right, goodbye Twitter! Seriously, either it's the ppl I have on there or it's just a Twitter thing, but well over 80% of the feed was users bitching about everything and anything they could. Very little was anything positive and outgoing, which I need. Constant negatives get me down. I have not missed it.

The weather is starting to cool down, harrah! That 3 week heatwave was very hard to handle..my electricity bill proves it, oops! I much prefer the cooler weather, the leaves turning pretty colours and the nights being cool enough to sleep :) Losing some weight and winter coming on means new clothes will be needed. New? Pfft, no way! I've decided since my weight can bounce around dramatically when adjusting my diet, medications and season's that I won't be buying any new clothes, undies and bras aside. Instead I am going to repurpose what I have, refashion it, recycle what I have an buy from thrift stores instead. What's the point in buying new clothes, spending a fortune and only wearing the item one season? Waste of money and clothing frankly.
I love a good op shop find, I'd much rather buy clothes from The Salvos, refashion something tailored to fit my look/shape than buy expensive sacks.
April - Sept is my goal, that gives me the cooler months to sit inside and sew to my hearts content. Knitting is also to be from stash (still) or from ripping back old sweater finds.
Now I am no mad evil genius sewer, far from it, I can sew basic things, so this is part of my challenge...and possibly my downfall in this little challenge I've set for myself :D
I have several skirts planned already, I just need the kiddo to set up the sewing machine for me. My machine is an old Bernina, about 32 years old, all metal, weighs a tonne!
Another thing I plan on making ASAP is a quilt for my bed. Looking at feather quilts the other day for winter I kept thinking there had to be an alternative, a cheaper one too. Basic feather quilt $100+, quilt from recycled materials could be as little as $10. E will need one too :)
I will keep a log of what I pay for any items I buy, if possible I'll find a similar item brand new to compare the price too. Just for added fun :)
Other things I will start to post on here are pictures of things I love...flowers, small homes, organisation ideas, clothing, whatever takes my fancy at that moment. I blame Pinterest.com for this 100% :) I love the virtual pin board, saves me printing out things and adding to my folders I keep. Less clutter, paper wastage, ink, time and effort.
Oh and I have decided, for each new item of clothing I make, one must leave the house...no clutter!
WOW that was a ramble :)




















Skirt made from old bedsheet - Tutorial found http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/circle-skirt-from-an-old-sheet

1 comment:

Sharre said...

Hugs, hugs and more hugs, cause I know exactly where you are coming from.